Genealogy Resources - General
Databases Available to Nebraskans Websites Selected by Librarians
- 192.com find families and addresses in the UK. registration is free
- Ancestry.com Links to over 250 of the best Internet genealogy sites
- Archives Search for your ancestors
- Archives Search for your ancestors
- Barrel of Genealogy Links
- Birth, Death, Divorce and Marriage Certificates
- Canadian Genealogy Centre a single window providing electronic access to genealogical resources in Canada.
- Cemetery Junction Directory Locate Active and Retired Cemeteries Quickly and Easily
- Census Finder 10,800 links to free census records for genealogy and other research.
- Christine's Genealogy Website African heritage web links
- County Court Contacts and Addresses
- Cyndi's List contains over 41,000 links to genealogy sites on the web
- Family Tree Searcher
- FamilySearch Internet Genealogy Service Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon)
- Find a Grave includes links to pictures and other sites and a bibliography of print resources about the final resting place of famous people
- Free Genealogy Search Advice
- Frequently Occurring Surnames from the Census 2000
- Genealogy Classes
- Genealogy Today helping people find out what is new in Genealogy on a daily basis and a host of articles and guides
- Genealogy.com One of the best resources for beginners to genealogy and family history to learn the basics of research
- International Genealogy Sleuth
- JewishGen: The Official Home of Jewish Genealogy
- Legacy.com search for obituaries
- Librarians Serving Genealogists
- Memorial On-line Historical and Genealogical Library - Nebraska Nebraska history books and pictures
- Military Records Information from the National Archives and Records Administration on how to obtain records
- National Archives - Resources for Genealogists
- Nationwide Gravesite Locator lists more than three million veterans buried at 120 national cemeteries since the Civil War. Also has records for some state veterans cemeteries and burials at Arlington National Cemetery since 1999.
- Nebraska Graves Project
- Nebraska State Historical Society
- Nebraska Statewide Cemetery Registry (NSCR) Nebraska State Historical Society
P.O. Box 82554
Lincoln, NE 68501-2554
- NEGenWeb Online Library
- Obituary Central
- OneSource Comprehensive Directory Index Alphabetical Index: A to Z for the Family Genealogy and History Internet Education Directory. Instructions for use of Country - Nation Area Index: A to Z at Ancestor Roots Information.
- Online Searchable Death Indexes and Records links to online death indexes by state and county. Included are death indexes, obituaries, probate indexes and cemetery & burial indexes
- Our TimeLines.com This site generates personalized timelines with 5 to 140 year spans starting with the year A.D. 1000. Each timeline lists historical events, people, and inventions, and the user can add up to 10 personal events. The user can also generate a list of people born in a given year. These timelines can be used on a Web page or in print. Useful for genealogy to see how an ancestor fits into history
- ProGenealogists The ProGenealogists group conducts genealogy research at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City and in archives across the world.
- Roots Location List Name Finder
- Rootsweb Internet's oldest genealogy site lets you see who is looking for the same surnames you are
- Search the RootsWeb Surname List
- Social Security Death Index
- STAR Reference Manual - Genealogy help from the Nebraska Historical Society on researching your family
- The Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation Inc.
- USCIS Genealogy
- USGenWeb Project strives to provide Internet websites for genealogical research in every county and every state of the United States